Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Rainbow Fish and The Giving Tree

All year, students in Year 6 have been writing responses to books they have read. They have been learning how to make connections with other stories and more recently how to use quotes from the text in their responses. Below are some of the comments recently made by some of our students:

The Giving Tree” is like the movie “The Parent Trap”. The girls give each other the chance to met their parents…. “The Rainbow Fish” is like the movie “College Road Trip” because in the end the dad lets the girl to the college she wants because he loves her so much…. I like both the books but the one that stands out the most to me is The Giving Tree because it reminds me of my mum and how she gives me everything and looks after me. (Maegan)

“….the message, in my view, is the more you give the more you will be happy. I also think the books are trying to get another message across - to be more like Jesus. Jesus always gave. For example, he fed the five thousand. He could have just kept the fish and loaves of bread for himself just like the tree and the rainbow fish could have done, but they all gave to make others happy. (Hayley)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our school

The Three Robbers